The Port Washington Chamber of Commerce is one of the oldest chambers on Long Island. In 2005, the Chamber celebrated its 75th Anniversary. The Chamber has over 300 members and is active in sponsoring several major events during the year, including SOUPer BOWL.
The Chamber publishes the TRY PORT FIRST Directory of Businesses and Services, which is updated every two years. Over 12,000 copies are mailed to homes in Port Washington and it is distributed by the library, police, marinas, restaurants, real estate agencies and at local events.
The Chamber supports a number of activities to improve the community, including giving out flags at the Memorial Day Parade, installing flags on the lampposts, decorating the lampposts for the holidays, participating in a holiday toy drive and acting as a strong, unified lobby for the business community.
A FEW BENEFITS OF CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
- top placement in our website listings
- free bold listings and greatly reduced advertising rates in Try Port First (work on the next edition is in progress)
- free email blasts of your message or special announcements
- member-only discounts to the Bronx Zoo and NY Aquarium
- free monthly breakfast meetings
- member discount for a booth at HarborFest
- opportunity to participate in member-only promotions
- opportunity to attend Chamber networking events
- Free certification of certificates of origin for international shippers
- become part of our growing business network and build friendships with the active leaders in the business community
- have a voice in programs and decisions that affect the business community
- opportunity to set Chamber policy by participating in Committees
- be recognized as a responsible member of the business community
To learn more about our Chamber and the Port Washington Community, please check out www.pwguide.com.